Ultrasonic sensors overcome many of the weaknesses of IR sensors – they provide distance measurement regardless of colour and lighting of obstacles.
They also provide lower minimum distances and wider angles of detection to guarantee that obstacles are not missed by a narrow sensor beam.
THIS particular model is an upgrade from the lower precision HC-SRO4. This has 5 pins and can be used in 1-pin trigger/echo or 2-pin.
- Trigger Pin Format: 10 uS digital pulse
- Sound Frequency: 40 kHz
- Echo Pin Output: 0-Vcc
- Echo Pin Format: output is DIGITAL and directly proportional with range. See our conversion formula above.
- Measurement Range: 2cm to ~4.5m
- Measurement Resolution: 0.3cm
- Measurement Angle: up to 15 deg
- Measurement Rate: 40 Hz
- Supply Voltage: 4.5V to 5.5V
- Supply Current: 10 to 40mA
- Connector: standard 5-pin male connector which can plug directly into breadboards